#SDSM2021 Call for Proposals
Submit Your Session!
Session Submissions Information
All #SDSM2021 content submissions should be virtual. Conference content will be facilitated via our events platform Fondi.
Please use the guidelines below for submitting content. Remember that less is more. Please limit your submissions to your absolute best content!
#SDSM2021 Content will still be categorized across our eight functions-based tracks. Proposals will be accepted for the following types of content:
- WORKSHOP: 30 minutes of instruction plus 30 minutes of "Office Hours/Q&A"
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: 30 OR 45 minute expert led group discussions and deep dives on specific topics and/or industry verticals
- PANEL: 45 minute moderated discussion, 15 minutes Q&A (5 total speakers max: 1 moderator & ≤4 speakers)
- FIRESIDE CHAT: 30 or 60 minute informal conversation between a moderator and guest
Call for Proposals will open July 19 and will close August 19 at 11:59 p.m PST.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - In our commitment to growing an equitable ecosystem, all submitted sessions with more than one speaker are REQUIRED to have gender and/or race/ethnicity diversity with regard to its organization, participation and/or content. Show us the diversity and experience of your panelists!
- Give First! - We value giving back and creating space for mission-aligned, experienced community members to share their expertise with the community. Submissions that pitch products and/or services will not be considered!
- Collaborate vs. Compete - We are better TOGETHER! As collaboration is one of our core values, we encourage community members to collaborate where possible! There are limited sessions, so do we encourage proposals that demonstrate community collaboration.
As you plan for your submission for #SDSM2021 here are some key tips to help you:
- Contact information (email, company)
- Track selection: Founder, Sales, Data, Developer, Marketing, People, Customer, Designer
- Session format (workshop, panel, roundtable discussion, fireside chat) and ideal length (30, 60, 90 minutes)
- Title - Make it catchy!
- Public-facing description - include target audience, session purpose, and what attendees will gain from it. Do not be ambiguous!
- Speakers and/or Panelists - If this information is not included or listed as "TBD" the submission will not be reviewed.
- 60-second video pitching your submission - Be sure to share why you want to speak at Startup Month and why it's important to you. The video must be unique and created for this proposal; submissions of recordings of previous speaking engagements will not be reviewed (This is a requirement; - Submissions without videos will not be reviewed)
Video Submission Tips:
- Max of 60 seconds - Content beyond 60 seconds will not be reviewed
- Be concise and polished
- Ensure good video resolution
- Submit as an unlisted YouTube or Vimeo link
- Good sound quality
- Quality lighting so we can see you!
Should your proposal be selected, you will receive a complimentary #SDSM2021 pass, as well as, a personal discount code and speaker gram to promote your session and #SDSM2021 via your personal social channels.